Anywho! I brought these mini heart-shaped pies to a ladies Valentine’s event for my church and the girls all flipped for them! They were gone almost right away. I had to make another batch later that week so I’d have more to share with my family. Wrap them up in a cute little bag, tie it with a string, and you’ve got the perfect Valentine’s gift!
With a sweet jam center, golden flaky crust, and the cutest little heart shape, these babies are sure to make all your friends and family smile. Or, you know, make you smile as you eat an entire batch on your own. (I definitely didn’t do that. Or did I…….)
The best part is… they’re so super easy to make!!! I am no baker extraordinaire but I pulled these off, no problem. I promise you can too! (And let me know if you do, I would love to hear how much you love them too! Look at that, more rhyming.)
Mini Heart Pies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
- One box of pie crusts (or homemade if you’re fancy. I’m not.)
- Your favorite jam. (I used the Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserve for one batch and the Bonne Maman Peach/Mango Preserve for the other batch.)
- Egg wash & a sprinkle of sugar
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out your dough and cut out the hearts. (One pie crust yielded 10 total mini pies for me.)
- Place a small amount of jam in the center of half of the hearts.
- Gently brush a little bit of the egg wash (1 egg beaten with a little water) around the edges of the jam. This will help the two crusts seal together.
- Use the remaining hearts as the top crust. Place each one directly on top of the jam hearts and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush more of the egg wash on top of each mini pie. Add a sprinkle of sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
** Credit for the idea goes to Kristen Mittler (@oldjoy on Instagram) who shared a similar treat on her profile.**
Aaaand this post wouldn’t be complete without a few personal photos from our Valentine’s Day!
Hope you all had a lovely love day! xo.